June 29, 2012

Dos and Don'ts of Champagne Brunch

I take champagne brunch seriously.  I don't schedule anything else for the rest of the day, because I know I will likely want to take a nap post champagne campaign.  I've been getting better at handling myself in an all you can drink champagne brunch.  My first time I may or may not have ended up hugging the toilet.  Graphic, I know,  but I've progressed, at least a little.

Here are some Dos and Don'ts that I've learned along the way:

DO hydrate the day before and during the hours before.  It'll make things better later.
DON'T take shots after. ARE YOU INSANE?

DO find a place that will keep the bubbly coming for a reasonable price.  I love Overland Cafe in Los Angeles because it's only $4.99 on top of your meal!
DON'T be picky about the quality of champagne.  No big.  You're going to have a headache in the end anyway.

DO maintain composure while waiting in the bathroom line after 4 cups of mimosas.  Pacing or dancing is welcomed, but hopefully you are the only one in line.
DON'T get locked out of your house when you have had 8 cups of mimosas.  Drunken landlord conversations are not fun, especially when you can't stop moving because you have to pee so bad.

DO take public transportation or walk!  Preferably take the bus to the beach after.
DON'T have a designated driver lock his keys in the car.  Also don't pass out on the lawn while waiting for AAA to come get the keys out.

DO have great conversations and play games with your friends when you have a two hour time slot to drink.
DON'T try to race someone who can easily drink you under the table.  You will win, but the end result may not be worth it. But still, winning does feel good.

DO Host your own!  Potluck brunch and homemade mimosas are highly encouraged.  Make quiche!
DON'T say no to life!  Don't stay home because you want to get things done on a Sunday.  Champagne brunch is great, but the company is even better!

1 comment:

  1. "DON'T take shots after. ARE YOU INSANE?"

    yeah dude...who would do that?

    ReplyDelete