November 9, 2011

A Late Halloween Post


Halloween is probably that one holiday that is only about fun.  There isn't any stress to create some huge meal for your 30+ people family or to buy and wrap a dozen presents.  The only real traditions are carving a giant squash and eating a crazy amount of candy and not feeling bad about it..... both of which I did.  I discovered this year that I'm obsessed with candy corn. I bought three 1 lb bags on November 1 just to get me through the fall.

Although it's been a while since Halloween, I thought I'd share all the festive and delicious items of my holiday.
Mine was complete with baked brie, mummy cupcakes, hot cider, and a lovely care package! Also, jello shots were included, but let's not discuss those.

 
The baked brie was made with homemade puff pastry and a layer of raspberry preserves.  Look at those flakes and that oozing cheese!  Is there anything more delicious than baked brie?
 
 
 
Cute right?  These little living dead treats are pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting.  We decorated them using a pastry bag with the flat line tip to make the mummy wrap.
 
 Fire burn and cauldron bubble! My friend made a Spiced Rum Apple Cider (in my wok, not my cauldron).  Gargantuan cinnamon sticks are completely necessary.
 
My mom sent me a Halloween care package!  It's her tradition.  This year I lucked out with decorative paper plates and napkins, a couple Halloween dish towels, a basting brush (I've been needing one of these!), See's candy (score!), and CANDY CORN!

Hope your Halloween was happy too!

No comments:

Post a Comment